The story of Microsoft 365 unofficially starts with millions of individuals that still use workstations that run Windows 7. Microsoft had to come up with a plan to get the millions of people that didn’t upgrade to Windows 10 onto the platform before they retired Windows 7. What better way to accomplish that than making it easier than ever to upgrade?
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based bundle that includes a virtual Windows 10 desktop, access to Microsoft 365 applications, OneDrive storage, and access to security features including device management and app and data security. It is the most comprehensive cloud-based package Microsoft offers and comes in three major products that have their own tiers. They are:
- Microsoft 365 Business – purpose-built for small and medium-sized businesses with Windows 7 who need upgrade to an integrated solution, it brings together all of Microsoft’s best-in-class Office 365 products with collaborative business apps to keep your team on the same page.
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise – delivers a complete, intelligent solution that empowers employees to be creative and work together. This is where technology intersects culture allowing your workforce to create the innovative products that disrupt markets and change the world, securely.
- Microsoft 365 Education – designed with educators, Microsoft 365 Education comes feature-packed with tools to promote creativity and teamwork between students without overburdening or overbudgeting administrators.
All the Business Apps You Need and an Attractive Price
For the modern business, cloud-based software can be very attractive. Microsoft 365 Business offers the following software:
- Windows 10 Pro – Operating system
- Microsoft Office – Productivity suite
- Word – Word processor
- Excel – Spreadsheet program
- PowerPoint – Presentation software
- OneNote – Note-taking software
- Outlook – Email manager
- Publisher – Periodical creator
- Access – Database management
- Exchange – Mail and calendar
- OneDrive – Cloud storage
- Skype for Business – Communications/Conferencing
- Microsoft Teams – Collaboration software
- SharePoint – Project management software
- Business Apps from Office – Additional Management Applications
- Bookings – Delight customers, save time, and simplify how customer or prospects schedule appointments.
- Outlook Customer Manager – Track, manage, and over deliver for your clients by building stronger relationships right from within Outlook.
- Mile IQ – Intelligent real-time mileage tracker that will have finance jumping for joy, it provides a complete record of all your tax deductible and reimbursable mileage for your mobile workforce, all while running in the background.
- Microsoft Invoicing – Invoicing program
Designed for Small to Enterprise Organizations
Since the platform is completely designed for small and medium-sized businesses, the tools found in Microsoft 365 Business provide substantial value. Getting all of this for a small monthly expense has its own benefits, but if you need to move many users to the platform, a cost/benefit analysis will help you know whether you should upgrade to new infrastructure, or whether your organization will be better off choosing the cloud-hosted Microsoft 365 platform.
For larger organizations or for educators there are additional options. Microsoft 365 Enterprise is designed for larger businesses that need enterprise versions of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office, while getting advanced security features. Perfect for the enterprise project team that needs the computing resources to excel right away.
Microsoft 365 Education is designed for the classroom. Educators can provide more powerful tools, without the huge capital investment that many schools simply cannot afford. With Windows 10, Office 365, and OneDrive, each student will have the resources at their disposal to see a better outcome from their education. Discover how the education landscape is changing? Check out our April post – Education Technology Continues to Move Forward where we address budgetary considerations and discuss how technology is accelerating learning in the classroom.
If your business has been searching for a reliable tool that gives you access to some of the best technology on the market, call us today at 855-4IT-GUYS (855-448-4897) and discover how our unlimited support plans with Microsoft 365 can empower your organization.